how to keep your book happy
- Keep your books safe! Backpacks and book bags help to keep your books from getting damaged. They also help you remember to bring your books back.
- Watch out for food and water! Please do not eat or drink when you are reading your library book, or keep your books anywhere near where food is served. Remember to wash your hands after you eat so that you don't get food on the pages.
- Keep your books away from your pets and little brothers or sisters. You wouldn't want to check out a book that has been drawn in, colored on, cut up, or chewed up!
- Clean hands keep books clean!
- Turn the pages carefully when you are reading your book.
- Never turn the edges of a page down to mark your spot when reading. Never use anything bigger than a piece of paper to mark your spot. Anything thicker could cause damage to the spine of the book. Always use a bookmark.
- Return your books on time so that others can check them out and enjoy them.
- If you discover a book that is damaged, give it to the librarian to mend.